The following are the headlines discussed at Aldwin Callen's Monday morning briefing:
- Retail in the United States dropped 20,000 jobs in December, but construction and healthcare saw significant gains.
- US stocks hit a new record (Dow 25,000) on optimism about corporate tax cuts and global growth
- The Fed is willing to accelerate interest rate rises in 2018 if tax cuts boost the economy.
- The European Central Bank cut back on stimulus, sending bond yields higher across the Eurozone.
- Major US brokerage companies are moving away from securities or derivatives based on bitcoin prices.
Aldwin Callen's wealth management may provide you information about its products and services through this material. The information presented here may not be appropriate for all investors, and there are risks associated with making an investment based on the ideas presented.
This document may contain information regarding Aldwin Callen' brokerage and investment advising services. We encourage clients to speak with their Aldwin Callen representative about the products and services they are considering and to clarify any questions they may have about the distinction between brokerage and investment advisory services, including the obligation to disclose conflicts of interest and act in their best interests.
Aldwin Callen may hold a position for itself or one of our other clients that is inconsistent with the information, opinions, estimates, investment strategies, or viewpoints contained in this paper. Aldwin Callen or its affiliates may maintain a stake in or operate as a market maker in any of the financial instruments discussed herein, or act as an underwriter, placement agency, advisor, or lender to such issuer.
© 2019 Aldwin Callen. All Rights Reserved.