The following are the headlines discussed at Aldwin Callen's Monday morning briefing:
- In the fourth quarter of 2021, the US GDP expanded at a far quicker rate of 6.9 percent annualized, with the majority of this growth — 4.9 percent — owing to inventory buildup as businesses stocked up, particularly in the auto sector.
- Inflation in the United States was 5.8% in 2021, the highest annual rate since 1981; inflation in December 2021 was 4.9 percent, the highest monthly rate since 1983, according to the core PCE measure, which excludes food and energy prices.
- Personal expenditure in the United States fell in December 2021 (down 0.6% from November), the first monthly decline since March 2021, due to the Omicron spread and lower holiday spending.
- The International Monetary Fund forecasts worldwide economic growth of 4.4 percent in 2022 (down from 5.9 percent in 2021) and 3.8 percent in 2023; the United States is anticipated to grow at a rate of 4% in 2022.
- Denmark concluded its first green bond sale, earning $570 million to fund renewable energy and green transportation developments.
Aldwin Callen's wealth management may provide you information about its products and services through this material. The information presented here may not be appropriate for all investors, and there are risks associated with making an investment based on the ideas presented.
This document may contain information regarding Aldwin Callen' brokerage and investment advising services. We encourage clients to speak with their Aldwin Callen representative about the products and services they are considering and to clarify any questions they may have about the distinction between brokerage and investment advisory services, including the obligation to disclose conflicts of interest and act in their best interests.
Aldwin Callen may hold a position for itself or one of our other clients that is inconsistent with the information, opinions, estimates, investment strategies, or viewpoints contained in this paper. Aldwin Callen or its affiliates may maintain a stake in or operate as a market maker in any of the financial instruments discussed herein, or act as an underwriter, placement agency, advisor, or lender to such issuer.
© 2022 Aldwin Callen. All Rights Reserved.