The following are the headlines discussed at Aldwin Callen's Monday morning briefing:
- Congress passed a business-friendly tax reform bill, sending US equities higher.
- Emerging markets are down 5% from their peak in November, owing to a decrease in technology (28 percent of Emerging Markets Index).
- The European Central Bank upgraded its inflation expectations to 1.4% (from 1.2%) for 2018.
- Russia dropped its main interest rate more than expected in an effort to accelerate the economy's recovery.
- The FCC eliminated Internet neutrality rules.
Aldwin Callen's wealth management may provide you information about its products and services through this material. The information presented here may not be appropriate for all investors, and there are risks associated with making an investment based on the ideas presented.
This document may contain information regarding Aldwin Callen' brokerage and investment advising services. We encourage clients to speak with their Aldwin Callen representative about the products and services they are considering and to clarify any questions they may have about the distinction between brokerage and investment advisory services, including the obligation to disclose conflicts of interest and act in their best interests.
Aldwin Callen may hold a position for itself or one of our other clients that is inconsistent with the information, opinions, estimates, investment strategies, or viewpoints contained in this paper. Aldwin Callen or its affiliates may maintain a stake in or operate as a market maker in any of the financial instruments discussed herein, or act as an underwriter, placement agency, advisor, or lender to such issuer.
© 2017 Aldwin Callen. All Rights Reserved.